I've been watching it and you've done an amazing job - thank you so much for getting that fixed! All our stats are climbing back up again which is what we really needed to happen." - James Horton, MadHatterr Games
What ever you call it, Google AdWords (pay-per-click online advertising PPC) is a quick and simple way to purchase highly targeted, cost-per-click (CPC) sponsored listings or advertising on search engine results pages (SERP), regardless of your budget. Is it the only CPC game in town? Absolutely not. For example, Yahoo Search/Overture, which we also use, offers sponsored listings. And there are some smaller search engines which can be very good for CPC campaigns. But in our view, Google Adwords is the best overall CPC program in regards to workability, flexibility, reach and results. For one thing, Google is still the 800 pound gorilla of search engines and accounts for nearly 50% of all Internet searches, with Yahoo/Overture coming in at a distant second, followed by MSN.com.
AdWords ads are displayed along with search results on Google, as well as on search and content sites in the growing Google Network, including AOL, EarthLink, HowStuffWorks, & Blogger, for example. With searches on Google and page views on the Google Network each day, your Google AdWords ads reach a vast audience.
When we create a Google AdWords ad, we use a variety of methods to choose the best keywords for which your ad will appear, and then we create the ads based on our experience with making ads "pull." We also specify the maximum amount you're willing to pay for each click and the total amount you are willing to spend on a daily basis. Google does not require a minimum monthly charge - you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. To save you even more money, Google's AdWords Discounter automatically reduces the actual CPC you pay to the lowest cost needed to maintain your ad's position on the results page.
Your ads start running and appearing on the Internet within 15 minutes of our completing the construction of your Adwords campaign. Then we closely monitor and track your ad's performance using various reports and additional traffic-monitoring software and provide bi-monthly reports on your Adwords Campaign.
We also conduct "split-runs" where we compare one or more ads to each other over a certain time period to determine which ad(s) results in the best click-through rate. The click-through rate is determined by the number of times your ad is clicked on compared to the number of times it was shown.
Once we have a "control" ad, we run it, then continue tweaking the ad using another split-run. The best pulling ad becomes the new control ad. On and on. (Note: We also use other portals for CPC campaigns such as Yahoo/Overture, depending on your needs and your budget.)
1. 80% of net users see Google ads.
2. Good Adwords campaigns consist of relevant, targeted advertising that appears to users who are interested in your products or services.
3. You can start generating more qualified traffic to your website within 15 minutes. Once your account is set up, your ads can appear on Google properties (Google, Froogle, etc.), search partners’ websites and content publisher websites within 15 minutes. (Content publisher sites are sites that contain content that is the same or very similar to the subject of your Google Ad, such as a news site that is featuring news on the topic your ad is about. You have a choice of having your ad appear on these other content-related websites or just having it shown on search results pages.)
4. Real-time ad matches to millions of search-engine users per day, and/or ads matched to exact content of millions of web pages.
5. Relation between search and content allows you to target ads to people in every stage of the buying cycle – from people doing their initial research right through to people who are looking to buy RIGHT NOW.
6. You pay only for clicks, not appearances or impressions. (NOTE: Google also sells Site Targeting on a CPM basis. That is, a set amount for each 1,000 appearances. With Site Targeting you can specify certain sites in the Google content partners' network where you want to your ad to appear - along with any similar sites, and also the sites where you don't want your ad to appear.)
7. You can set your own click price (although Google is now assigning a minimum bid to individual keywords based on their quality).
8. You can set your total daily spend amount.
9. With conversion tracking you get real-time reports to track results including cost-per-sales conversion and return on investment (ROI). Note: We also use other sophisticated software to monitor conversions. "Conversions" can be online orders, or newsletter signups, or similar types of actions taken by the people who click through to your site from a Google ad.
10. You, the advertiser, get control over your costs and clear insight into your ads' performance.
Could your business profit from a good cost-per-click campaign? If so, contact us. We're always here to help! 813-251-0043