Product import can be done individually or it can be done using a spreadsheet (tab delimited file actually). If importing products through a spreadsheet, images must be separately uploaded, these can be supplied all at once using a zip file.
Items in bold are required. Additional items are optional (but note comments on when they may be needed for specific situations).
1. Product code: unique item number can contain letters, numbers, dashes and underscores only (no spaces). May be the same as SKU or not. This identifies the item and cannot be changed.
2. SKU: Can be a different number than product code, same criteria.
3. Category Code: This is the code for the category the item goes in. Code, not name. To import an item in more than one sub-category, separate by commas (no spaces). Items not assigned to any category, but active, can still be found within the store by search or on the full product list.
4. Product Name: As you want it displayed. Note amount of space for this on your category page layout.
5. Description: Plain text please. Do not use quote marks and may not contain tabs. Note any space limitations in your product page layout.
6. Price: (selling price that is). Two decimal points only, do not use $.
7. Product image: full name of the image file, preceded by graphics/00000001/. Consult with FastF on image size for your store.
8. Product thumbnail image: full name of the thumbnail image file, preceded by graphics/00000001/thumbs/. Consult with FastF on thumbnail size for your store.
9. Taxable: 1 for yes, 0 for no.
10. Weight: Shipping weight in decimal fractions of a pound, 2 decimal places, e.g., 0.44 pounds for 7 ounces. Note: for weight based shipping charge modules to work, this field must be filled in.
11. Cost (optional, just leave blank if not needed, 2 decimal places). The cost field can be used to set wholesale or discount pricing structures.
12. Active: 1 for yes, 0 for no. Items with a “0” will not be visible in the store.
13. Attribute Template Code: If there are options such as size, weight, color, this is a code that classifies which options apply to the particular item, including how they affect pricing. Consult with FastF for specifics. Otherwise leave blank.
14. Adjust Stock By: Leave blank unless inventory is being tracked and you are importing initial stock values, or making adjustments for inventory received or inventory errors.
15. Track Product Inventory: Yes or No.
Inventory control fields. There are a series of possible fields which would apply if inventory is being tracked. Any needed would be added to the spreadsheet at this point.
Custom fields. There are many possibilities for custom fields, values would be entered at this point as applicable.